Apr 06, 2023

Parana Soybeans 89% Harvested, Safrinha Corn 99% Planted

Author: Michael Cordonnier/Soybean & Corn Advisor, Inc.

The soybean harvest in the state of Parana was 89% complete earlier this week compared to 90% last year according to the Department of Rural Economics (Deral). This represents an advance of 12% for the week, Recent dryer weather in southern Brazil allowed the soybean harvest to catch up to the average pace. The soybeans remaining in the field are rated 88% good. This is a big improvement compared to last year's drought impacted crop that was rated 62% good at this time.

Farmers in Parana have planted 99% of their safrinha corn, which is up 6% for the week. The safrinha corn is 13% germinating, 82% in vegetative development, and 5% pollinating. The safrinha corn is rated 98% good. While the recent dryer trend has been good for the soybean harvest, farmers would like to see additional moisture for the recently planted safrinha corn.

The first corn crop in Parana is 70% harvested compared to 89% last year, which represents an advance of 7% for the week. The remaining corn is rated 83% good compared to last year when the corn was rated 53% good at this time.